Welcome to Our Class Blog!

Greetings and welcome to our Class Blog. I look forward to reading your reflections about Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing. The weekly blog entries should be posted by the due dates listed on Blackboard. I will post the weekly assignment. To post individual responses, students should click on the word, "comments" then write in the comment window to the weekly assignment. Blogging is not Discussion Board. Students are expected to reflect on the weekly posting each week. Students are encouraged to read other students' comments. You do not have to respond by commenting to classmates. These are your thoughts. This is a closed blog thus only students enrolled in NURS 432 will have access to this Blog by email invitation. Our confidentiality rule applies to all class bloggers. Please be mindful that scholarly writing is expected. You may refer to our class Blackboard for more detail about this Clinical Activity under Assignment. NOTE: Instructions on how to proceed are located in the Welcome to the May Graduating Class of 2015 message on the lower right side under Blog Archives October 2014. You will not be able to post a comment here. I initiated this Class Blog in 2011 with (6) discussion questions. You will be instructed to respond to my discussion questions ONLY. DO NOT START YOUR OWN POSTINGS. I look forward to your comments. Happy blogging!













Sunday, December 13, 2015

Week 6: Termination

I can't believe its over! To be honest I am sad its over. I enjoyed working with my client and the other patients on the unit. I learned a lot from these patients, outside of our required course work. What I anticipated coming into this experience is the complete opposite of what happened. I was weary of the patients because I thought they would be explosive and agitated for no reason; however that was not the case. These patients on the unit are brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers. They have loved ones and they have feelings. They may be mentally ill, but they are still people. I would like to think I received respect from the patients on the unit because I was respectful to them. This was definitely a learning experience and has opened my eyes to another specialty. Thank you to my clinical instructor and my fellow clinical classmates for this experience.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this valuable information, I have bookmarked your site for future and further references.
    I have some relevant information you can review below.
    buy BrainPlus IQ
    BrainPlus IQ uk

    ReplyDelete